Our mission is the same as every evangelical church:
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
We wish to condense this is into a short statement:
Belong, Believe, Become at First Baptist Church.
We are a church that ministers to the whole family. The whole family includes all families of our church. If you attend our church you are part of our family. If you have children or grandchildren as part of our childcare and preschool you are part of our family. When there is a need in the family, family helps. Everyone can belong.
We believe Jesus wants you to commit to Him and then deepen your walk with Him. We want to nurture faith. Ways that we nurture faith include:
- Through the Bible (2 Timothy 3:16-17), the church family, and prayer. This is best when all three are together;
- Christian Connections for all ages that allow Christians to study the Bible and apply it to their lives;
- Prayer partnerships and accountability groups that are encouraged;
- Open access with the Pastor to talk about spiritual concerns, challenges, and questions.
Believing includes understanding the faith: the Pastor is ready to talk with those who have doubts and help them find answers.
We want to share Jesus with everyone. If you do not know Jesus, please come and talk with us. You may think, “What is the big deal about Jesus?” Here it is:
- God created us to be with Him. (Genesis 1-2)
- Our sin separated us from God. (Genesis 3)
- Sins cannot be removed by good deeds (Gen 4-Mal 4)
- Paying the price for sin, Jesus died and rose again. (Matthew - Luke)
- Everyone who trusts in Him alone has eternal life. (John - Jude)
- Life that's eternal means we will be with Jesus forever. (Revelation 22:5)